M: +43 664 520 21 35
Michael has 13+ years of experience in the insurance and reinsurance industry. Having gathered first internship experiences at international law firms such as Nörr in Prague and Heller Löber Bahn (now Freshfields) in Vienna, he started his career at Coudert Brothers (now DLA Piper) in Milan. Michael then moved on to work as in-house counsel and subsequently head of Discontinued Business Operations at RAS s.p.a. (now Allianz s.p.a.) in Milan, Italy. Prior to joining AURIGON, he used to be a Senior Consultant at Chiltington International (Hamburg, Germany) and Head of Chiltington’s Italian Representative Office.
Michael advises re-/insurance companies of all sizes on a global scale in a wide range of matters including inter alia:
- challenge management (project management re portfolios / subsidiaries in critical situations including analysis of status quo, design of remedial strategies, implementation of strategies, litigation management and support);
- reinsurance and MGA audits in most non-life lines of business (with a focus on long-tail business); internal audits and fact finding missions (including cases of suspected fraud at top-management levels);
- portfolio analyses (in particular reserve adequacy analyses including large portfolios of long-tail claims including US exposure);
- evaluation of discontinued portfolios and of viable exit strategies;
- strategic advice (particularly in relation to market exit options and to claims management);
- advice regarding organisation and management of claims (direct and reinsurance business).
Michael studied law at the Universities of Graz and Vienna (Austria) and Trieste (Italy). He obtained his Master in law from Vienna University and a J.D. from Trieste University. He also holds an MBA from the University of Technology in Milan (PoliMi).
Michael is fluent in German, English and Italian, has a good working knowledge of French and basic knowledge of Czech.
|2012 to date||Partner of AURIGON Advisors AG in Cham/Zug, Switzerland|
|2004 – 2012||Senior Consultant at Chiltington International GmbH in Hamburg, Germany and Trieste, Italy|
|2002 – 2004||Head of Discontinued Business at RAS s.p.a. (now Allianz s.p.a.) in Milan, Italy|
|2000 – 2002||Group Legal Department at RAS s.p.a. (now Allianz s.p.a.) in Milan, Italy; in charge of international and reinsurance matters|
|1996 – 2000||Coudert Brothers (now DLA Piper) in Milan|
|2001||MBA from the University of Technology in Milan (PoliMi)|
|1997||JD at University in Trieste|
|1996||Master in Law from University in Vienna|
|1990 – 1996||Studies of Law at the Universities of Graz, Vienna (Austria) and Trieste (Italy)|